"Try not to become a man of success. Rather, become a man of value. A successful man takes out of life more than he puts in. A man of value will give more than he receives."
This is a quote by Albert Einstein, and is the basis for Scentsy's business philosophy, as well as my own. I'm a woman with many interests and passions, yet they mostly revolve around two common themes: Jesus and people. I love interacting with others and empowering and motivating individuals to take control of their lives. I believe we are all here for a purpose and that loving and serving others is one key component in that process.
I worked full-time as a Dietitian for over 7 years until I went on an 11-month overseas mission trip called the World Race. A lot changed for me after that! I realized how important it was to find fulfillment in my work, and also discovered how to live out my values within that.
How did I get involved with Scentsy?
My Scentsy business honestly began with me simply being a huge fan of their products! I am a sucker for anything that makes my home smell awesome, especially since my husband and I have 2 dogs (used to be 3). The more Scentsy products I used, the more I fell in love. I had no desire to go into sales! In fact, I remember saying many times before how I could never do that line of work. To me, sales was associated with pushy people who only cared about numbers and nothing about it appealed to me. Sales was intimidating and only for a certain kind of person....and then I got my Scentsy Starter Kit.
I only joined Scentsy to get that Kit with all those products at a great value, and to receive a discount on all of my future Scentsy purchases. That was it. There would be NO selling and most definitely NO parties (my initial hang-ups with that are a whole other story!). Needless to say, that all changed drastically for me as I now proudly run my own successful Scentsy business and found out I truly love it!
I realized that my view of direct sales had been warped by past bad experiences and the expectations of others. All I literally had to do was be myself (what a huge relief!) and simply share Scentsy with others, and it was actually a very positive thing for everyone involved. That was when I started seeing this for the career and blessing it was and began to pursue it as a business.
Not only can I sell products that I truly believe in for a company whose values I share (this is huge to me), but I am able to authentically use my own unique skills and personality as an Independent Scentsy Consultant. Scentsy has allowed me to connect with, and even help, so many other women! I actually found a way to live out my own personal values in a career that rewards me generously, and allows me complete flexibility and independence. How many people get to say that?
I’m so grateful that the girl who had no clue about or interest in sales fell in love with a product so much that she took a chance at something entirely out of her comfort zone and found her passion along the way :)
Because of my own story, I now strive to be an invaluable resource for Scentsy consultants who join my team, providing them with all of the information and tools needed to rock their new business and meet their individual goals. I want others to experience the fulfillment of running their own business like I have, and getting to be a part of that is special for me.
- I am a huge geek at heart! I love all things Star Wars and Sci-fi and one of my hobbies is playing RPG's on my XBOX :) I am obsessed with Audible books, listening while I cook, drive, etc.
- I am an admitted coffee snob. I buy freshly roasted whole beans, grind them at home and do pour overs, as well as espresso shots. My go-to method is the Kalita Wave. I can't imagine starting my day without a cup!
- My husband and I now have 2 dogs between us, with mine being a black pug I adore. His name is Kai Ninja.
- I am also a trainer at 9 Round, a kickboxing/boxing circuit training gym. It is one of the best workouts I have ever done! It constantly keeps it new and fresh, and challenging.
- I enjoy cooking as I'm all about that whole food life. However, I have a weird quirk where I RARELY ever cook the same meal twice. I just love trying new recipes and foods.
- My husband and I had what we now call a "deconstructed" wedding. We went all over Charlotte, NC (where we lived for many years and met) visiting our favorite places and ones that held special memories such as first date, first kiss, etc. We then participated in different parts of the ceremony all around the different locations, ending it with dinner and the cake cutting with our families. It was so meaningful, laid-back and special. It will forever be one of my favorite days.